Libraries reopen on 4 January 2021 with precaution measures
31 December 2020 ‖ Category : Library
Following the Academy’s email dated 30 Dec 2020, the Library has resumed its online book request service from 31 Dec 2020. You can place online request for circulating items you need until 3 Jan 2021 (Sun).
The Library will re-open on 4 Jan 2021 (Mon) to provide full service to users, and the temporary book request service will be suspended on the same day. The opening hours of the Academy Library and F/TV Library will follow those hours for teaching periods.
Similar to the previous arrangement, we will implement the following measures in both libraries:
- All new and returned materials will be cleaned and sterilized before re-shelving;
- Alcohol wipes are available on request for cleaning keyboards or books from the shelves;
- An UV+Ozone book sterilizer is now available in both the Academy Library and the F/TV Library for users to sterilize the books after checkout.
Library Space and Furniture
- Temporary acrylic partitions have been added on long tables and service counters;
- Movable study tables have been rearranged and separated, where possible, to allow only one seat for each table;
- The maximum user capacity in the seminar rooms will be reduced by 50%.
- More regular cleaning of facilities with special attention to:
- Table top
- Handrail and door handles
- Keyboards and mouses
- Touchscreen of photocopiers
- Hand sanitizers are available at counters, study areas and seminar rooms
To make the Libraries a safe place for all, we request your cooperation in observing the following guidelines when using the library:
- Maintain social distancing
- Keep hands clean
- Wear a face mask
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us at 2584-8524.