Principal’s Recommendation Scheme for Admission
Principal’s Recommendation Scheme for Admission (for AY 2022/23 admission)
The Scheme aims to motivate secondary school students who have distinguished achievements in performing arts to apply for admission to The Academy through the encouragement of their principals. The following special arrangements will be made to the recommended applicants:
- Waiver of application fee; and
- Guaranteed audition/interview
Criteria for recommendation
Each secondary school may nominate a maximum of six students with distinguished achievements in performing arts, provided that no more than one recommendation can be made for admission to each of the following disciplines:
- Chinese Opera
- Film and Television
- Theatre and Entertainment Arts
The recommended applicants must meet the following eligibility:
- Senior Secondary 6 students in the academic year when applications are submitted; and
- The applicants should be sitting public examinations for graduating senior secondary school leavers in Hong Kong in 2022, i.e. HKDSE, IB Diploma Examination, or GCE A-Level.
To recommend your students for admission to The Academy’s academic programmes through the Principal’s Recommendation Scheme for Admission, please follow the following procedures:
- Register your school in the Scheme through the system, link "here". (Registration is to be done by the Principal or his/her delegate; each school only needs to register once.)
- Complete the "Recommendation Form" provided in link "here", the completed form will be converted into a pdf file with a recommendation code via the registered email for printing. Please sign and stamp the pdf form with an official school chop and pass it to the student concerned for uploading to The Academy's online application system.
- Please upload the Principal's recommendation statement directly onto the system via the link (system). There is no need to pass the confidential statement to the student concerned.
Application for admission in AY 2022/23 can be submitted from 9 a.m., 20 September 2021. For updated application deadlines, please refer to the Admission News. Should there be any question about the Scheme, please contact the Registry at (852) 2584 8330 or by email to email@example.com.