Principal’s Recommendation Scheme for Admission
Principal’s Recommendation Scheme for Admission (for 2021/22 admission)
The Scheme aims to motivate secondary school students who have distinguished achievements in performing arts to apply for admission to the Academy through the encouragement of their principals. The following ex-gratia arrangements will be made to the recommended applicants:
- Waiver of application fee; and
- Guaranteed audition/interview
Criteria for recommendation
Each secondary school may nominate a maximum of six students with distinguished achievements in performing arts, provided that no more than one recommendation can be made for admission to each of the following disciplines:
- Chinese Opera
- Film & Television
- Theatre & Entertainment Arts
The recommended applicants must meet the following eligibility:
- Senior Secondary 6 students in the academic year when applications are submitted; and
- The applicants should be sitting public examinations for graduating senior secondary school leavers in Hong Kong in 2021, i.e. HKDSE, IB Diploma Examination, or GCSE.
To recommend your students for admission to the Academy’s academic programmes through the Principal’s Recommendation Scheme for Admission, please follow the following procedures:
- Register your school in the Scheme through the system at https://apps.hkapa.edu/prsa/ (must be registered by the Principal or the school's representative)
- Provide the following information through the link in (1) above:
- Details of the recommended student
- Programme that the student applies for
- School’s contact information
- The Principal’s recommendation statement
- The information submitted in (2) above will be converted into a pdf file in the form of a Recommendation Letter with a recommendation code. Please sign and stamp the recommendation letter with an official school chop.
- Please pass the signed and stamped Recommendation Letter to the recommended student for uploading to the Academy's online application system.
Application for admission in AY 2021/22 can be submitted from 9 a.m., 5 October 2020. For updated application deadlines, please refer to the Admission News. Should there be any question about the Scheme, please contact the Registry by email to email@example.com.