Skip to main content

Non-local applicants must obtain Student Visa via the Academy in order to study in Hong Kong. Applications for Student Visa must be submitted to the HKSAR Immigration Department via the Academy.  Application for a student visa usually takes up to 2 months or more to process. In the case of a non-local applicant who has entered Hong Kong on a visitor/tourist visa, the Academy will not register him/her as a student and will not allow him/her to commence his/her studies until he/she obtains a student visa.


In accordance with the laws of Hong Kong currently in force, a non-local student who studies at the Academy on a student visa is not allowed to undertake any employment, whether paid or unpaid. Non-local Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree students with the relevant "No Objection Letter" (NOL) issued by the HKSAR Immigration Department are permitted to take up part-time on-campus employment for not more than 20 hours a week during the academic year; and employment without any limit in relation to nature of work, work hours and location during the summer months (as stated in the Academic Calendar).


For details, please visit the HKSAR Immigration Department's website