The Essentials of Theatre Arts
This course engages students in a whole experience to enrich them as people, drama artists and makers of drama/theatre through the “three key learning processes: making, performing and appreciating”. It provides students with a comprehensive study of drama as an art form and introduces them to the professional world of theatre, while developing their creativity, power of imagination, people skills and self-confidence.
Upon completion of the subject, students should be able to:
- construct critical responses, appreciation and creative thinking skills through learning-by-practice during theatre productions, and understand the requirements of the industry;
- assemble creative, imaginative and reflective skills to apply to performance and creation;
- apply interpersonal skills and team building skills through rehearsal, group projects, collaborative tasks and showing;
- construct self-confidence and self-esteem through effective self-expression in the drama and theatre activities;
- appraise the work ethics and demonstrate positive values and attitudes related to theatre arts industry; and
- develop self-understanding for further studies and career development in the related field.