The Essentials of Theatre Arts
This course engages students in a whole experience to enrich them as people, drama artists and makers of drama/theatre through the “three key learning processes: making, performing and appreciating”. It provides students with a comprehensive study of drama as an art form and introduces them to the professional world of theatre, while developing their creativity, power of imagination, people skills and self-confidence.
Upon completion of the subject, students should be able to:
- construct critical responses, appreciation and creative thinking skills through learning-by-practice during theatre productions, and understand the requirements of the industry;
- assemble creative, imaginative and reflective skills to apply to performance and creation;
- apply interpersonal skills and team building skills through rehearsal, group projects, collaborative tasks and showing;
- construct self-confidence and self-esteem through effective self-expression in the drama and theatre activities;
- appraise the work ethics and demonstrate positive values and attitudes related to theatre arts industry; and
- develop self-understanding for further studies and career development in the related field.
"Achieve Your Dream" Video
Introduction of "Taking a Chance on Dance" and "The Essentials of Theatre Arts"
2020-2022 Audition arrangement
- On or before 17th June (17:00), students must decide their elective and send a completed application form and a questionnaire or previous work (if any) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online interview date, time and Zoom ID will be announced via email to individual students by Academy on or before 19th June or via the school webpage
- Students should reserve, 20.06.2020 / 27.06.2020 (09:00 – 17: 30), two days for audition purpose